News And Articles
- 3 Ways To Help Close The Gender Wage Gap
Progress has stalled in closing the gender wage gap. Explore 3 ways we can help close the gap.
- Hush Money And Taxes, Five Things To Know
The tax law says you can no longer write off confidential legal settlements for sexual harassment or abuse. The restrictions only apply if confidentiality is required. But in a $1M settlement, how about saying that only $50,000 is for sexual harassment?
- Biden’s Child Tax Proposal Would Help Many But Presents Administrative Challenges
President Biden's FY24 Budget proposes to expand the child tax credit. That will be good for many families - but some features distribute additional benefits to high-income families and increase administrative complexity.
- Supreme Court Will Decide How Aggressive The IRS Can Be When Hunting For A Delinquent Taxpayer’s Assets
As politicians argue about the impact of additional IRS funding, the Supreme Court is taking a look at the rules for collecting financial and other information without notice to taxpayers.
- Facebook Tax Case Could Decide Fate Of Anti-Profit-Shifting Rules
Tax Notes contributing editor Ryan Finley explains what's at stake in Facebook's tax dispute.